Ham and Spinach Bake
Hearty and tasty. For a healthier version, use fat free cheese.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Mickelberry's Hickory Smoked Ham, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1/3 cup milk (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (or use Monterey Jack or Cheddar)
- Bread crumbs
- Cook spinach; drain.
- Stir in butter until melted. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion, pimiento, mustard, basil, and parsley.
- Stir in ham, cheese and spinach. Pour mixture into a buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle top with bread crumbs. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
|(made with 2% milk)|