Stuffed Peppers with Ham and Rice
Yummy and easy to make.
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 1 cup Mickelberry's Hickory Smoked Ham, diced
- 2 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 8 ounces grated mild Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Cut peppers into halves crosswise and remove seeds and white membrane. Cook peppers in 2 cups of boiling salted water for 4 minutes.
- Drain and reserve liquid. Cook rice in reserved water until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in butter until onion is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water and shredded cheese to onion skillet. Stir until blended; add ham, rice, and parsley.
- Fill pepper halves with rice and ham mixture; put on rack in skillet with about 1 cup of the pepper cooking liquid in the bottom.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.